The Jersey City Reservoir Preservation Alliance was started in 2002 by a few concerned citizens. By reaching out to various civic organizations it has grown to this list of members, as well as having thousands of volunteers and supporters –
- AARP, JC Chapter 5102
- Embankment Preservation Coalition
- Friends of Liberty State Park
- Hackensack Riverkeeper
- Heights Community Relations Council
- Heights Hope Neighborhood Association
- Heights Pride Committee
- Jersey City Tree Committee
- Jersey City Landmarks Conservancy
- Pershing Field Garden Friends
- PS #8 Neighborhood Block Association
- Riverview Neighborhood Association
- Sherman Place Block Association
- Sgt. Anthony Park Association
The Jersey City Reservoir Preservation Alliance has been working to save the Reservoir’s lake, meadow, and woods from destruction and misuse for several years.
For its work to document and preserve its historic structures the Alliance received the Ted Conrad “Preservationist of the Year” Award, May 2005.
The Alliance watches over the Reservoir – conducting tours, running school, boating and nature events, cleaning up, inventory and caretaking of wildlife, working with government.
The Reservoir Alliance has been featured in the New York Times, Jersey Journal, Jersey City Reporter, Hudson County Talking, Talking Politics, Channel 12 News, Urban Times, and Star Ledger.
Contact the Alliance at email@example.com or (201) 448-7838
Jersey City Reservoir Preservation Alliance
P.O. Box 7833
Jersey City, NJ 07307