Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Jersey City Reservoir Preservation Alliance. We strongly support preserving Jersey City Reservoir #3 as an open green space. We are an entirely volunteer-run organization, and as such are looking for a wide variety of skills within our volunteer base.
Due to current social distancing measures, there are no on-site volunteer opportunities available. We will alert volunteers once the situation changes. Until then, we have a number of remote needs that are vital to keep this organization going and best prepare us for any upcoming changes, including the eventual opening of the Reservoir.
Website Development and Management
- Programmers, preferably with WCAG experience (or those willing to learn)
Marketing and Public Relations
- Assisting with managing and writing posts for our social media accounts
- Graphic design of new style guide, branding materials, and new signage
- Content creators for our website, newsletter, press releases, op-eds, etc.
Fundraising and Memberships
- Managing donations and writing thank-you’s
- Planning fundraising events online and offline
Assisting with our new Digital Archive Project. We received a grant from the County and matching funds from the City to build an online Digital Archive Project that will collect photos, maps, oral histories, and everything else about the Reservoir dating all the way back to when it was built.
- Preparing digital media
- Writing labels, titles, and transcriptions for images, audio, etc.
- Collecting artifacts/media from around Jersey City
- Translating any content created by aforementioned volunteers
- Create and evaluate surveys and focus group studies
Once we are able to go on-site and work with the public again we will need the following volunteer assistance:
- Greeting guests when we’re open
- Help managing kayaks (loading, instruction, etc)
- Land management (trail maintenance, invasive species control, etc)
- Historic preservation and management (repairs, working with architects, etc)
- Education and programming (leading, designing, etc.)
On-site volunteers must be over 18 or accompanied by a guardian. Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator directly to discuss options for volunteering if you are under 18.
Please note that we use Slack and email to communicate with our volunteers- signup for Slack is free and can be used in the browser, directly through email, or as an installed app on desktop or mobile.
For further questions regarding volunteering, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator directly.